The US Forest Service, The Nature Conservancy, and The World Fish Migration Foundation invite you to save the date and register for an exciting upcoming webinar entitled: Removing “Road Dams” in Europe? taking place on 19th January, 2022 from 15:00-18:00 CET.
This is a free, international webinar that will highlight the need and opportunities to improve road and stream crossings to enhance the biodiversity of rivers across Europe!
We invite all river and restoration practitioners, policymakers, researchers, and students, as well as road planning, maintenance, design and construction experts to join!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Carlos García de Leaniz of Swansea University, Wales | Topic: An overview of Europe’s current policies and research needs
- Bob Gubernick of the US Forest Service, USA | Topic: Stream simulation principles and applications in the USA
- Sofia Perä, County Administrative Board of Norrbotten, Sweden | Topic: Culverts in Sweden and lessons from the LIFE REMIBAR project
- Joshua Royte, Nature Conservancy Maine, USA | Topic: Opening up headwaters in Maine, USA
- Nat Gillespie, US Forest Service, USA | Topic: What is the problem with culverts and road-crossings?
The full program, which includes speakers from both Europe and the USA, will be released in the coming month. Make sure to register so you don’t miss any important updates! We hope to see you there.
Sponsor deals for companies: The webinar is additionally open for sponsorship from 6 companies. At this point, we have 5 spots left. For 1,000 euros, companies can show a 30-second commercial video about how they are involved in culvert replacement or the removal of culverts. The logo of sponsors will be shown on Eventbrite, announcement, and conference program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about sponsorships.